Sunday, September 2, 2007

Cafe 84

I happened to be reading the local newspaper which has little interviews with business owners around town. I came across one of those interviews that happen to be for a coffee shop that opened up locally just about a month ago.

It just so happened that we were in the mood for a five minute date and I mentioned that I saw, in the newspaper, an advertisement for just the spot. Off we went on one of our adventures. We love to go try new places.

This little coffee shop was located in the new 'live-work' complexes that are appearing here. The name of the shop is Cafe 84. Upon entering the cafe, we were greeted by a very friendly coffee-making person. She was very patient and even helpful with the selection process. My husband and I placed our order for an iced latte, his with raspberry flavoring, mine with caramel flavoring.

The coffee was full of flavor and enjoyed immensely. As we were sipping our delicious beverages, my husband decided to order a cherry ginger biscotti which was absolutely wonderful and maybe because we didn't have enough caffeine already to push us to the limit, a small drink which escapes me at the moment but it had double the caffeine and was yum-o.

The only con's I found with this place was how small it was on the inside. That doesn't leave room for private conversation or does it allow for too many people to hang out at one time. The other thing was that she made a negative comment about my beloved Starbucks not having very good beans which left her in quandary as to how they are so popular. They also don't take credit cards/bank cards right now so bring some cash if you go.

Even so, we highly recommend giving this place a try. Their simple menu is easy to read and the staff is extremely helpful and courteous. I even think the pricing is lower than Starbucks. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: